Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The 2nd 24 Hour Comic - Part 2

So what happened? How did I "sorta" fail?

12 hours into the 24 hour period, I felt exhausted. I felt the same why I felt in the last few hours of the first 24 Hour Comic. I kept wondering why? What had I done wrong?

I reviewed the day and realized that I had been up for 20 hours. I chose to start the 24 Hour Comic around 8pm, so that when I was done I would be going to sleep at roughly the right bedtime and I would be most awake during the sensitive hours (1-6 am). This was the same plan I used for the first one, and it worked. So why not do it again?

But I did something different this time. Last time I layed in bed, sleeping until ~7pm. This time I got up much much earlier and did stuff all day before starting. Big mistake.

At 12 hours I came to the conclusion that I would not be able to make another 12 hours, oh maybe 2 or 3 hours, but not 12. I had already sketched the entire "story." So I figured if I went to bed, not thinking about the comic at all, and returned to it rested, I could finish it off in another 12 hour period - and it would be "like" I did a 24 Hour Comic.

This wasn't a 24 Hour Comic, as much as it was a 12 + 12 Hour Comic.

And then weirdly, I finished the comic, after resting, in 8 hours. I knew I should have spent 4 more hours detailing it and adding more. But my heart was no longer in it.

Probably because I am sadly frustrated with my own inner turmoil, I will never tell what all the images represent... but perhaps you will enjoy it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment