Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The 2nd 24 Hour Comic - Part 1

YAY Weddings!

I had another opportunity to write/draw a 24 Hour Comic, so, of course, I took it. I recommend reading it before continuing to read this blog entry.

24 Hour Comic #2: "LIFESCOPE"

Remember that no part of the 24 Hour Comic is meant to be created prior to the 24 hour period, so there was little for me to think about in my preparations. However, remembering how the last 24 Hour Comic went, I knew that I did not want to do a literal story.

The last 24 Hour Comic, "Bad Day At the Office," became very preachy, very quickly. I didn't want to write another story that, indirectly, told people how to live their lives. I thought the easiest way to do this was to tell a more abstract story.

And that was the word for the 2nd 24 Hour Comic, abstract.

As such I began with a section of a human's face that would normally not be examined intently. Then I let the images guide me, as I sketched the pages. But somewhere along the way, the images started having meaning. I followed those meanings...and soon found I was being preachy again.

Apparently I am a preachy guy, and when struggling with a deadline, rely on my internal whinings to direct me. I have little idea if this will be notable to any other reader, as I am unclear how much my scribblings make sense. What was your first impression from reading "LIFESCOPE"?

I broke this blog entry into two parts to reflect my experience...yea, I kinda failed to create a comic in 24 hours...well, sorta.

continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment